Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Update in Black & White

Mr. Winter is here, so we are keeping busy inside more.

Making cities out of the family room.


reading books...a lot...


someone got play-doe for Christmas, I hate the stuff but she'll be there for hours if I let her. By the time I had them clean up they had a city built here also!


This week we are taking a vacation from formal schooling and doing a family project. The kids are instructed to plan our vacation for next year. We have our destination, they have to plan how we are getting there and back and what activities we will see on our travels. She really is happy;) I just caught her by surprise.


Picture taken today with Bruiser(in front)Daisy(in back) and Garfield the cat(Jocelyn is holding). I know it is hard to see with the b/w picture. Jaelyn isn't crying she is trying not to laugh.


Jacob getting Jordan with a snow ball that fell apart.


The goats haven't had much attention the last few weeks, so I spent some time with them today. Their fur is so thick and soft. At first they didn't want anything to do with me...then the chewing began and the pulling on my draw string and then the jumping...so much for being shy.


Tired of Black & White? here is the china set my hubby bought me for Christmas. I love it!!!


up close to see the pattern.


The last few weeks I have been working my way through this quilt.

I can't believe how easy it is using a Jelly Roll. Although I haven't finished yet, so there are bound to be some mistakes. Either way I am enjoying myself!
We are loving our winter so far, I know a lot of people don't like winter but I love the time we spend indoors on crafts and all. My attitude might change by March, April, or May if we are still getting snow...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the black and white pictures but I love that china even more. Wow! What a gift!

I'm slightly thankful that it is still winter.... that means I have lots of time before I have a new baby in the house!

Thanks for the update.

Dalyn said...

love the pictures! Love the dishes, honey! Wow!
I am so so happy to see you have been quilting. It's going to be goregous!